Emirates NBD, the largest banking group in the Middle East in terms of assets, was formed on 16 October 2007 when the shares of Emirates NBD were officially listed on the Dubai Financial Market (DFM).
The merger brought together the UAE’s second and fourth largest banks (Emirates Bank and National Bank of Dubai) by assets and has created a bank with the largest asset base in the Middle East, summing up to more than AED 282 billion as at the end of the year 2008.
The Group has operations in the UAE, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the United Kingdom and Jersey (Channel Islands), and representative offices in India and Singapore.
- Online Banking: yes. AED 200 (USD 55) per month
- Monthly Average Balance (min.): AED 200,000 (USD 54,794)
- Accounts for foreign companies (registered outside UAE): yes
- Accounts for UAE offshore companies: yes
- Timeframes to set up bank account: 2-3 weeks after all documents’ submission